Faiza Mujahid has recently completed her first International Bollywood song in The Film Pink starring Amitabh Bachchan. Faiza Mujahid is one of the most talented young female vocalists produced by Pakistan in recent times, and has to her name a number of hit OST songs sung for popular Pakistani dramas. She has also churned out beautiful hits such as Khuda Kai Liye’s song “Bandeya Ho” and a single “Meri Zindagi” as well as a song on women empowerment called “Uth Oye”. Following is Faiza’s one-on-one exclusive chat with Ink.
2. How did this song end up getting featured in the movie Pink? Who approached you for the song?
Ronnie the Producer of the movie is a good friend. He approached me for my Song “Meri Zindagi” for one of his films which never worked out. After that we kept intouch. He narrated the story of pink to me and I sent him the song knowing that Jeene De would be perfect for this Movie considering that both the movie and the song are on the same theme.
It was Haider Hashmi’s pure excellence that the song sounds so good. I remember when I composed the song it was on a different scale which was very comfortable for me to sing. When I went to the studio to record my vocals the scale was much higher than that. I told him that I won’t be able to reach the higher note but he had more faith in my voice then me. He wanted me to touch that higher note. And to my surprise I did.
Like all my songs the lyrics were about how I perceive life. But later on I had to make some slight changes according to the movie. The chorus is however the same.
4. You have also done a lot of playback singing alongside your own music. Do you think playback singing can turn into as big an industry here in Pakistan, as it is in India?
In Pakistan currently our industry is dominated by the the TV Drama industry. It’s huge and international. I see huge scope for playback singing in Pakistan.
With the resurgence in the film industry I only see the scene getting better.
5. What other music/ non-music projects do you have lined up?
I am currently working on my next video. The song is a dedication to my friend/brother Haider Hashmi. It’s a soft rock number. Other than that I am running my Digital Marketing Agency in Dubai. Its keeping me quite busy ☺
6. Do you think our music industry is headed in the right direction? Can upcoming musicians pursue a full-time career in music?
The musicians are trying to find an industry which is struggling to find its feet. Options are limited to Coke Studio and Nescafe Basement right now as a medium for promotion of contemporary music. Thank God we still have something.
7. Which upcoming or established artists would you like to collaborate with?
I wanted to collaborate with Haider Hashmi which I did.
8. What is the one thing you would love to do (professionally or personally) that you have not yet done?
A world Tour!
9. Are you optimistic about the future of the country or are you worried we’re headed for a dark place?
We Pakistani’s are always optimistic. That’s the one thing which keeps us going.
10. What message would you like to share for Ink readers?
Keep spreading positivity and love ☺
Jeene De Mujhe Movie Song: https://www.youtube.com/
Faiza Mujahid Official Fanpage: https://www.facebook.